Looking for an amazing place to stay in Santorini – with a view over the caldera? Then Azanti Suites Megalochori, Santorini is the perfect place for you to be.
We have been to Santorini many times and stayed in many different hotels. Azanti Suites Santorini is our favorite one of them for sure.
If you are looking for luxurious, private villas & suites with a view over the caldera, then look no further. Of course, such a view comes with a price.
If you are wondering if Azanti Suites in Santorini are worth it, and whether or not it is the perfect Santorini hotel for you, keep on reading my honest review about our stay in the Azanti Suites in Megalochori.
Table of Contents
- About the Hotel – Azanti Caldera Suites in Santorini
- The Honeymoon Suite with Private Infinity Pool
- Breakfast and Meals
- Azanti Suites Santorini – The Staff
- Getting married at Azanti Suites
- How to get to Azanti Suites Santorini from the Airport
- Things to do in Megalochori
- Conclusion: Azanti Suites Santorini – an honest Review
About the Hotel – Azanti Caldera Suites in Santorini
Azanti Suites Hotel is a luxury boutique hotel in Santorini, located in the picturesque village of Megalochori. Megalochori is situated in the southern part of the Greek island of Santorini.
The hotel offers 10 individually designed suites, each with a private balcony or terrace overlooking the Caldera, the volcano, and the Aegean Sea.
The suites are spacious and elegantly decorated, with modern amenities such as air conditioning, flat-screen TVs, minibars, and free Wi-Fi. There is no restaurant or bar at the hotel, but they do offer room service for the guests. You can also arrange for massages and treatments right at your suite.
The hotel’s location in Megalochori offers a quieter and more authentic experience of Santorini. You will be far away from the hustle and bustle of the more touristy areas such as Oia and Fira.
Megalochori is known for its picturesque narrow streets, traditional architecture, and historic churches. The village is positively enchanting, and there are a great many things you can do there as well.
Azanti Suites Hotel in Megalochori is a luxury boutique hotel that can provide you with an authentic and peaceful experience of Santorini, with stunning views, elegant suites, and modern amenities.
The Honeymoon Suite with Private Infinity Pool
Since we also got married right there at Azanti Suites, we booked the Honeymoon Suite with the Private Infinity Pool for a couple of nights.
The suite itself has an open floor plan and is designed like a typical Santorini cave house. Due to the special structure of the house, it always provided cool shelter from the blazing hot sun. The room had a beautiful big bathroom and a super cozy king-sized bed.
The mini-bar was stocked to the brim and we could even make our own tea and coffee in the suite.
But the most stunning feature of the Honeymoon Suite was the amazing view over the ocean and the Caldera. From the huge terrace you have a completely unobstructed and serene view. It was truly something else.
The infinity pool and a super cozy beach bed next to it made us feel truly amazing every single day. And to top it all off, we had a small, private vineyard right on our terrace.
Breakfast and Meals
Every single morning we would get a big picnic basket full of delicious breakfast food delivered to our suite. We could order special hot dishes free of charge and we could also pick the time of delivery.
The breakfast spread was more than enough for breakfast and lunch, so we saved a ton of money on food. On the first day they were kind enough to send a bottle of Champagne along with the food.
For the other meals, you could order room service. The menu featured some typical Greek dishes, and the quality of the food was amazing.
To be fair, I was a bit disappointed at first that there was no restaurant on the grounds. However, once I saw out suite I did not want to leave anyways. Also, many of my favorite restaurants in Santorini are in Megalochori, which is just around the corner.
Azanti Suites Santorini – The Staff
The staff at Azanti Suites was super friendly and kind. Upon arrival our host welcomed us into her office with some refreshments and helped us plan our trip. She took her time to get to know us and gave us fabulous food recommendations.
In the meantime, someone brought all of our luggage down to our suite. The staff was there every day to help prepare our terrace for us and bring us our breakfast baskets. They were all extremely friendly and super kind.
Getting married at Azanti Suites
We also happened to get married at our private terrace of Azanti Suites – so I can also recommend this as the perfect place for your elopement in Santorini. I never had a more magical night in my life and the location truly made for the most romantic wedding of my dreams.
How to get to Azanti Suites Santorini from the Airport
To get to Azanti Suites from Santorini Airport, you have a few options:
- Taxi: There are taxis available at the airport that can take you directly to the hotel. The journey takes approximately 15-20 minutes and costs around 25-30 euros.
- Private Transfer: You can also arrange a private transfer in advance with a local transfer company. This option provides more comfort and convenience than a taxi, as you’ll be met by a driver who will take you directly to the hotel. We chose for this option because we had a lot of luggage, also is is super cheap so it was a no-brainer.
- Rental Car: If you prefer to have your own transportation, you can rent a car at the airport and drive to Azanti Suites. The hotel provides free parking for guests.
Things to do in Megalochori
The closest village to Azanti Suites is Megalochori. It is roughly a 5-10 minute walk to the village, and it is super easy to get there. We walked there every evening for dinner and also spend some of our days there.
There are so many cool things to do in Megalochori:
- Explore the village’s picturesque streets: Megalochori is known for its maze-like streets that are lined with white-washed houses, blue-domed churches, and hidden courtyards. Take a stroll around the village and soak in the traditional Cycladic architecture. Make sure to visit the famous six-bell tower and take some lovely pictures.
- Visit the wineries: Megalochori is home to some of Santorini’s best wineries, which produce the island’s famous white wines. Take a wine-tasting tour and learn about the history and production process of Santorini’s wines. The best wineries to visit in Megalochori are the Boutari Winery as well as the Galavas Winery
- Visit the Underground Caves of Megalochori: the caves are free to visit and the walkway will lead you through some traditional caves and some deserted courtyards
- Eat traditional Greek cuisine: Megalochori is home to several excellent restaurants that serve traditional Greek cuisine, including fresh seafood, grilled meats, and local specialties such as fava (a type of split pea dip) and tomato keftedes (tomato fritters). My favorite restaurant in Megalochori is Olio.
- Find the hidden heart of Santorini: look for the Agios Nikolaos on Google Maps – this will lead you to the area of the heart of Santorini
- Book a horseback-riding tour and see the area around Megalochori, ride alongside the cliffs and watch the sunset on horseback on the beach
Conclusion: Azanti Suites Santorini – an honest Review
On this hotel my husband and me are in absolute agreement with each other. This was one of the most unique stays that we every got to experience. The lovely team of the hotel made us feel at home and catered to our every need.
Our favorite feature of the hotel was the beautiful view. We both have never experienced something like this, and you can’t find a more private spot with a stunning view in all of Santorini.
For some people the location of Megalochori might be a downside, it is far away from the hustle and bustle of Oia. For us, this was one of the best things about it. In my opinion, this is one of the best hotels in Santorini for couples and one of the best luxury hotels in Santorini.
All in all, every slow & luxury traveler will absolutely love Azanti Suites in Santorini. If you are looking for more luxury stays in Santorini or Helpful Santorini Travel Tips check out my other blog posts.